Though at a glance, this is it.
This, luster I muster
couldn't be less than that.
Lust.. or not
My insides flutter as he mutters something under his breath
I press my ear against his lips to listen
And there it is
This feeling of impossible becoming what is possible
Which is not so full of misunderstandings and illusions of complexity
The clarity of his tone
speaks to me in ways I haven't begun to understand
The squint of his eye rings this melody of enchantment that strays often away from my own reality
I suddenly miss his presence while he's next to me
because I know it'll be gone the moment I start to forget
And I don't want to forget
When I forget, I regret
And accept
That it just couldn't be
But maybe one day in my memory
We'll dance the night away
As he recites love quotes in his mind
trying to find enough courage to breathe them out
Instead, he embraces me
Digging out his soul
While pressing his chest against my heart
I feel it
But I wish I had felt it sooner.
No comments:
Post a Comment