1.28.2008

48.

I remember when I'd go searching for someone to sweep me away and make me feel like I was someone special. Like nothing in the world mattered more to them, than me. What's this idealistic way of living in our society? Who says love isn't a compromise? Who said I can't be in love for 50 years straight? Who has the right to tell me who I can and can't be with? Me.

I'm fighting so hard to just be happy, save the world, and keep a positive attitude toward everything. I try my best to satisfy everyone and be there the best I can. But, everything I do goes unnoticed. Everyone takes me for granted and frankly, I'm tired of being walked on. I deserve better than this.

Why can't I just love? Without complications of a numerous amout of people. Without interruptions and complaints. I just want to love someone freely without the constant worry of other things. Love with no boundaries and no rules. Confide in my love for someone and trust someone to keep my heart with them. Securely LOVE them. No added bullshit, fuck the gimmicks.

I pause
As I exhale fragments
of my broken soul, I
look back in anticipation
Your soul begs me to stay
Your eyes glisten as I
step further away
I gasp
As I suck in helpless
excuses, fighting off
reasons why I really
love you.
Lifeless limbs
Tugged in positions
that can't be humanly
possible.
You drag me back
for another night of
misery
in your beautiful
love's company
-Kyeshia

No comments: