There must be some sort of air pocket between my heart and my lungs
where air forgets to pass
Some, unconscious action that needs a little reminder for it to take place
For moments like these,
When life unfolds faster than time can consume
crumpling and lingering between spaces
possibly days I can't remember to live
And here is it
this lost air I've found within hidden compartments
that are never the same place every time I go searching
Lost between life and love
Where breathing can be inconvenient
where it sometimes catches me off guard
in situations I can't wiggle my way out of
Mornings I long for a few more seconds of sleep
before life takes me by another surprise
anxiety filled early mornings
that interrupt my sleeping pattern
Massaging faith into my palms,
wishing I could wash away my soul in the shower
just to somehow receive a new, polished one.
Hmm.
Why is everyone falling apart lately?
I don't know how I survived before, but now I realize it was some deep meaning inside of me that helped me through the day. Without complaining about how much I didn't want to ever wake up in the morning.
Tour is next week. I've got to prepare for it and, "work my butt off" as my mother would say. We'll see how I'm feeling.
Someone find a plug for me, so I can have the energy to live again.
No comments:
Post a Comment