5.08.2012

London: Day 2

I'm feeling really alone here as the day progressed. I'm not sure what it is, but I haven't really made any friends. There's not much to choose from, but I'm slowly finding out people are just sticking to who they know. I'm kind of the odd man out.

It's been a rough day. I'm missing home so much right now, but I know things will get better. I need this learning experience.

We took the tube today and walked around parliament and took tons of pictures. My instax isn't producing anything of quality but I'm working on fixing that. We then walked to Buckingham Palace and watched the march they do every day at the same time. It was perfect timing for us! Somehow we ended up getting separated from each other when we were leaving the fountain at Buckingham, and I ended up with Courtney, so I knew I was safe. We walked to Trafalgar Square and ended our little tour. Michelle and I ventured off to get something to eat and then headed back to our flat because we were both exhausted. When we got back, I slept for about 2 1/2 hours before deciding to walk to the Apple store to pick up adapters for my macbook. I couldn't find anyone who wanted to go with me, so I just went myself. Longest walk of my life. I got lost, but I found my way to it, and took a taxi back to the flat. Now I'm just relaxing.

I'm just having a hard time adjusting to being on my own without my family. Nothing is comforting me here but thinking about when I can finally go home. I love being in Europe and traveling, but not under these circumstances.

Things will get better.

No comments: