9.12.2007

32.

Happiness is almost always a choice.

Here I am waiting to be happy and content with my life when all I needed to do was make the right choices. Even the wrong ones could be the right ones. Regardless of where I am or where I'm going, I should be happy, since I chose to be. Right there at the moment is where I put myself. No matter what I feel at the time. I can only put the blame in myself if I don't like where I am.

I think I've gotten to the point where the negative people are out of my life, and I'm almost where I need to be mentally. I've got growing to do, yeah. But I know my place.

You ever get the feeling where everything seems so right? Like no matter what goes wrong, nothing could ruin the high you're on? Hypothetical high, by the way. Say no to drugs, kids. I'm feeling like nothing matters right now. Like anything could go wrong, and I'll be completely okay with it. Well, okay, not just ANYTHING, but most things that'll get me upset. I don't know what it is, but everything just seems like its aligned just right.

I feel like sometimes I give the same repetitive speeches to people who look for them in me. I think they like to hear what they think they're not capable of, just to make them feel like they can do it at the moment. I think they like to feel like they're in control of their lives, when in reality, they don't know what to do at all. They let themselves fall apart before they can understand how to get it together. Why? I don't know. I probably never will. I can't understand how people can't take control of their lives. I just do my best to try to get them to realize how much better they can do for themselves.

Less is less.
You settle for less, you're getting less.
I'm not settling.
Especially since I know what I want and what I deserve.
I wont settle for any less of myself.
Nor sacrifice anything less than I know I can afford.

You shouldn't either.


I wish I could save the world from falling apart.
But I can only save MY world from falling apart.
Possibly someone else's.
Maybe one day.

No comments: