7.29.2011

All I've Got

I don't do any fancy tricks. I don't walk with grace most days. I don't cook delicious 3-course meals. I don't have a head full of knowledge, nor do I come from wealth. I can sing notes in a row that may or may not sound phonetically pleasing. I can draw squiggly hearts with ease. I can make sure your belly is always full of laughter and great peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. I know just about as much there is to know at my age, and sometimes when I read, I cheat a bit and take a cat nap.

I can't give you much, but I can give you my love, unconditional attention and my loyalty. I can't give you diamond encrusted wrist watches, but I'd love to read the time off the shadow of the sun when it hits your face just particularly right. I can't be beautiful always, but I can offer you endless smiles and days you can sleep entirely through the night. I can't promise you the future, but I can promise it will be worth it.

I think the absolute world of you. I believe in your ability to achieve each thing you set-out to do. I have faith in your vision. I support every aspect of your life. I accept every part of you. The good, bad and in between. I love your flaws that sometimes seek approval from opposing parties. I love the way you embrace most of me and the way your eyes glisten when you speak about your passions.

I probably can't give you everything you wish to have this lifetime, but I know I could give you most of what you need. This is me; entirely raw, organic me. You see what no one has. This is all I've got.

No comments: