7.17.2011

The Loss of Focus

Eric shared something interesting, which was the John Mayer article from Berklee College of Music. How he quit his social media practices to focus on his music more. It's a bit ironic that I've been meddling with the same ideas for the past few weeks. Actually, each time the semester seems to stress me to no end, I feel this load of pressure to give up and waste my time posting, browsing, and complaining to people that could really care less about my frustration with finals and midterms.

Over the past few weeks I've given this a lot of thought. This next school year is going to be more than an intense ride. I need to focus. I've let myself lose focus before because I was so concerned with everything else that didn't pertain to me. I want to be focused now. And if that means quitting all the things I've made commitments to, like other websites I blog for, or giving up "relationships" with people I don't even plan on physically meeting in my lifetime, I'm okay with that. As long as I can accomplish what I'm supposed to, stay focused on what I need to, I'll grow in ways I couldn't have done otherwise. I need to focus on myself and work with what's really growing inside of me, and growing up all around. Surround myself with more people who believe in me, delve into more outlets to fuse my inspiration for artistic development. I need to pull myself together.

These coming weeks before Fall semester will be critical. It's going to be a little extensive, but I need to push myself to finish what I need to. Maybe get a job while I'm at it. Possibly a 15 credit semester I may be looking at, and I need to focus. Anyone who is meant to be in my life will stick around no matter the lack of communication. I just need to know that whatever happens in the future, you'll understand and support me through it all. After all, you want me to succeed, remember?

No comments: