I can't put it any simpler: We are not going to get back together.
Sometimes I can't stress this enough. My words might pierce your skin, but I swear I say them for good purpose. I consistently find you trying to express yourself in different ways to make me see something that isn't there. I see you standing on your toes to help me recall what we once had, and as nothing clouds my vision, I see everything clearly. Clearly, we're not mean't to happen again. I will not fall into what once was because it's comfortable. I will not be trapped by your reminiscing and false hope for what we could achieve. I'm happy with what I have now, and I can't risk that for you.
Once upon a time, I was in love with you. Fading faster and faster, I could no longer keep my eyes open long enough to tolerate you. Blame me. I can take the blame for this one, because I did step away. I did give up on us because you gave up on yourself. I couldn't hold you together; I couldn't even hold myself together. Piece by piece, you made it a point to break me down until I couldn't breathe anymore.
Stop telling me you love me to help yourself get over this. If you love me, you'll let me go.
I've let go.
No comments:
Post a Comment